Friday, June 5, 2009

Wedding Season

I have 4 wedding invitations for tomorrow. First is my ex-boss which also one of my dad’s friend. This is his third marriage actually. Haha..He divorced with the first wife, and then he remarried with Aunty Zita which had died two years ago due to breast cancer and tomorrow he will marry to a lady from Kuala Kangsar, Perak. He is such a jovial and funny guy and was featured in a Maggie TV ad couple of years ago. My dad knows him when he was in a Mercy mission to Afghanistan where my dad was then the Defence Attaché’ in Pakistan. ‘Uncle Azhar’ had problem with his visa and dad helped him out. During his stayed at our house in Islamabad, my dad found out that my grandfather knows Uncle Azhar’s parent. Macam Jejak Kasih..

The second invitation is my ex-schoolmate, Farida when I was studying in PD. We were quite close during the school times. She is now a teacher. I have never seen her for more than 5 years kot..haha..I’m so happy for her. She is the last two of my friends in PD to tie the knot. The other one is Mimie Aishah who just got engaged last weekend.

Third invitation is my ex-unimate, Nelly. She had her nikah two weeks ago and tomorrow is the reception which will be held at Pondok Pak Habib in Janda Baik. She is the granddaughter of Pak Habib or his real name is Syed Hussein Al-Attas, the famous academician, politician and author. I’ve been to the place once. It is a nice place to relax especially when you had a chance to jump into the small river behind the house. Very cooling!

My fourth invitation is my dad’s cousin wedding in Gombak. My family and my uncle’s family from Johor are coming to stay at my house tonight. Last night, me and hubby pulun kemas rumah and replenish our food stuffs in the fridge..hehe..

I am still not sure to which wedding that I would attend. It’s all depends on Arissa’s condition. She has been having a fever since last week. If she is still weak tomorrow then I’ll just stay at home.

Oh forgot to mention, I have birthday invitation tonight. It’s Tunku Masera’s Big 30 Bash party at Istana Johor, Jalan Kia Peng. Then again, it’s all depending on Arissa. I’ll bring her, Adrianna and my mother to the party tonight if she is well since my husband is not keen to go.

To all brides and grooms to be, CONGRATULATIONS!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails