Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ho! Ho! Ho! It’s Xmas

I have never celebrated any Christmas Day before this. Yeah, that was before I got married.. But since 3 years go, Christmas would be a day that I’m eagerly waiting for sama macam Hari Raya..Why? Because some of my husband’s relatives are Christian. Mmm..confused? It’s a long story..but to make is short, let me give a short brief. My late mother in law is a Chinese but was raised up by an Indian family. Her real name was Mary Juliana Peeris and later changed to Hajah Marinna Abdullah after she converted to Islam.

Her adopted family ni agak pious jugak. One of my husband cousin siap pergi to Vatican lagi untuk study jadi priest. Sometimes we were also invited to makan-makan such as Thanksgiving and Good Friday. Masa mula-mula tu, a bit awkward because tak biasa but after a few occasions, dah ok.

They are humble and kind. Although our religion and race are different, but we can get along very well. Majority of them attended to my wedding. Ramai guests at our function were confused because the bride looks like Malay, the groom looks like Chinese but the attendees are predominantly Malays and Indians. Hehe..This is what we call a multiracial society..

My husband used to tell me, when he was younger, he and his siblings also a bit confused about their race. They have Chinese look but their relatives are Indian and Malays. No Chinese relatives. My father in law also came from a mix parentage. His father is Malay while his mother is a Chinese. Sebab tulah, muka my husband memang 100% macam Chinese tapi suka makan Indian food..hahaha..

Back to my Christmas story..hehe..I had bought some Christmas gift for them..Sebelum ni, every year pergi tangan kosong je tapi bila balik dapat gift..Malu betul..Maklumla tak biasa celebrate Christmas..So, this year kena la bawa something..

I would like to take this opportunity to wish Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Bala, Lourdes, Becky, Bernie, Xavier, Dorothy, Lionel, Rosalind, Patsy, Chandran and all..Sorry, I can’t recall all the names..There are too many..Anyway, looking forward for the roast turkey and beryani..hehehe

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails