Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What a hectic day...

My busy day started from yesterday evening, preparing for my company Annual General meeting which was held this morning at Kota Permai Golf & Country Club.

More shareholders expected to turn up this year as compared to last year because our no of shareholders has increased tremendously since our share price has drop, make it affordable to anybody to buy it from the open market.

This year would be my third year handling this event, at the same venue. The AGM starts at 10am. Luckily I reached early because when I was there this morning, there were already early birds waiting to register. By 9am, the crowd becomes larger. The share registrar came late, hence the shareholders cannot register and they started complaining. Too bad, they fired at me since I was standing near the registration table with my company tag around my neck. Obviously, they know I’m part of the company. There’s nothing much I can do merely because I was not in charge for that. As a courtesy reaction, I just nod, listen to their grumbles and gave a fake smile. Haha

If you have attended any AGM, you’ll know what the situation is. Most of the shareholders who turns up are senior citizen. Some invest a lot of money but some only have one lot but they think they own the company and demand a lot of things. Three years back, when I first organize the event, I was shocked to see the characters of these shareholders. It was totally beyond my imagination. But now, i'm immuned.

From my observation, they are two types of shareholders. One, who is purely interested to the meeting so that they can know what the company direction is, prospect and financial status. The other type is people who enjoy collecting freebies and free food. Sadly to say, the second type are mostly the one who turns up at ours. Halfway through the meeting, this second type of people has already gone out from the meeting and starts queuing for food. I remembered last year, the ‘genuine’ shareholders who came out from the meeting after it ended was frustrated because all food were gone.

After making so many rounds of eating, this second type with muka tak malu tapau all the food. You’ll be surprised to see the uncles and the aunties starts to take out their plastic bags and Tupperware from their bags. It’s hard to imagine but it best to see it yourself. You’ll never expect it. Worst part is, some also bring their Filipino and Indonesian maid! Not to mention the cutlery also can go missing...

I don’t know what to label them, it would sound harsh but it is a fact. I think they are kiasu, greedy, jakun, kelaparan …and whatever la.. I can understand if this happen in Indonesia or African countries where food is the concern but hey, this is Malaysia.

I didn’t mean to offend them but somehow thinks that it is important to highlight about this disgusting behaviour. Luckily, the Mat Salleh journalist from Bloomberg was not around at the F&B area to witness this.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails